ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Milk Moovement is a software company with offices in St. John’s, Halifax and Minneapolis.
The company’s mission is to create powerful tools that connect all players in the dairy supply chain. With experience in agriculture and software, as well as strong industry connections, the team is committed to bringing clients new, fresh and exciting solutions the industry desperately needs.
In the role as API Developer, the successful cowndidate should be a technical resource that designs, develops, supports and/or specifies software used to manage a system platform function. They will also:
- Develop/design/test APIs and platform functions.
- Manage interfaces and interaction between software, databases, and the servers that house them.
- Acts as owner of the application API's, specific databases for multiple platforms and serves as lead technical resource on project teams to specify solutions that meet project requirements.
- Work with third-party vendors on API-based system integrations.
- Troubleshoots problems with software applications and databases.
- Solid understanding of the client/server technology stack (HTTP, REST, compression, serialization, error handling).
- Write API documentation.
- Endless curiosity and ability to work both collaboratively and independently.
- React, React Native
NICE TO HAVE:
- 3-5 years experience as an API developer, bonus points if it was in a start-up or scale-up environment.
- Experience building and maintaining high-performance, scalable systems in a microservice environment.
- Empathy for internal customers.
- Experience in API & service architecture design.
- Experience working on a native (iOS or Android) or web application, so you can not only understand the complexities and requirements of client-side software engineers but also build/improve developer tooling.
Location: St. John's, Halifax or Remote
Hours: Full Time - Flexible
Salary: Commensurate with 3-5 years direct API experience
- Flexible work environment. You have the option to work remotely, even if you are located in proximity to one of our herdquarters.
- Autonomy and responsibility. We hire the best talent. We trust you to get the job done, when you do that is up to you.
- Career growth potential. Milk Moovement is a start-up so you'll have plenty of opportunities to make your mark on the product and the company from day one.
- An environment in which you are recognized and appreciated for what you do.
- Access to all the software tools you need to make your workday easier.
- Unlimited paid vacation, of which 2 weeks is required each year. It’s in the perks we want you to take it!
- Competitive salary structure.
- Health and dental benefits.
- Monthly innovation day. Everyone works on their own creative project that may become part of the Milk Moovement system.
- And of course, unlimited cow/dairy puns!
Milk Moovement COVID-19 Hiring Status
We are conducting remote interviews and hiring during this time. This role is flexible given the candidate's location and work preference and we’ll work closely with you as we understand every person has unique circumstances.
At Milk Moovement, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.