ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Milk Moovement is a software company with offices in St. John’s, Halifax and Minneapolis.
The company’s mission is to create powerful tools that connect all players in the dairy supply chain. With experience in agriculture and software, as well as strong industry connections, the team is committed to building new, fresh and exciting solutions the industry desperately needs. We are building the future of the dairy supply chain right now, and we're adding to our North American team. We're seeking people who think differently, innovate and want to make an impact. Join us for an exciting career in a supportive, fun and inclusive environment. Check us out on Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn (@milkmoovement) to learn more.
As Dev Ops Engineer you'll be responsible for bridging the gap between development, quality assurance, and operations. The role will take on merging daily tasks involved in the development, quality control, deployment, and integration of software development into one continuous set of processes.
- Automate management of our cloud infrastructure.
- Manage servers, networks and pipelines you are proud of.
- Be the pioneer who solidifies the transition into a microservice architecture.
- Analyze, problem solve, and research project elements as required.
- Demonstrate your passion for building robust solutions and influence a culture of uptime dominance.
- Work closely with the software development team to ensure security-oriented design.
- Lead discussion around efficient deployment strategies and in-depth monitoring.
- 3+ years of building scalable, robust and reliable cloud infrastructure
- Proven leadership skills and attention to detail in cloud technology environments
- Exceptional oral and written communication in English
- Experience in scaled out environments and distributed systems, including architecting large-scale systems
- Extensive knowledge in MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Jenkins and CI/CD, or related systems
- Ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of audiences (technical, management, executive)
- Excellent initiative and a deep knowledge of AWS
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, or related technical area
- Professional certificates are an asset, including AWS Certified Solutions Architect or Certified DevOps Engineer Professional
- Knowledge using tools such as Jira, Confluence and Slack among others
- Experience working in a start-up and/or smaller team environment
- Experience with agile project delivery
Location: St. John's, Halifax, Minneapolis-St.Paul or Remote
Hours: Full Time - Flexible
- Flexible work environment. You have the option to work remotely, even if you are located in proximity to one of our herdquarters.
- Autonomy and responsibility. We hire the best talent. We trust you to get the job done, how you do that is up to you.
- Career growth potential. Milk Moovement is a start-up so you'll have plenty of opportunities to make your mark on the product and the company from day one.
- An environment in which you are recognized and appreciated for what you do.
- Unlimited paid vacation, of which 2 weeks is required each year. It’s in the perks we want you to take it!
- Competitive salary structure.
- Health and dental benefits.
- Monthly innovation day. Everyone works on their own creative project that may become part of the Milk Moovement system.
- More benefits to come as we continue to grow and add to our herd.
- And of course, unlimited cow/dairy puns!
Milk Moovement COVID-19 Hiring Status
We are conducting remote interviews and hiring during this time. This role is flexible given the candidate's location and work preference and we’ll work closely with you as we understand every person has unique circumstances.
At Milk Moovement, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.